Elecard MPEG-2 PlugIn for WMP is a package of Elecard components for media data demultiplexing and decoding as well as receiving streaming video and decoding it. The product is compatible with Windows Media Player and other DirectShow based products.
MPEG-2 Video Decoder a.k.a. DVD decoder, streaming components, and demultiplexer comprised in the pack are Microsoft® DirectShow® compatible. Elecard MPEG-2 Decoder can process DVD Subpicture, Closed Captions (DVD, ATSC. DVS157, C-Cube, SCTE).
DXVA support in Elecard MPEG-2 Video Decoder significantly decreases CPU usage and provides substantial performance gains. Multi CPU support provides high performance for real time transcoding tasks executed on high-end PCs.
Elecard MPEG-2 Video Decoder is Windows XP Media Center Edition compatible. Install the pack to enable dvd video playback in multimedia players built on DirectShow (e.g., Windows® Media Player).
- Software-only MPEG-2 (ISO/IEC 13818-2) and MPEG-1 (ISO/IEC 11172-2) stream decoding
- High Profile@High Level decoding supports all MPEG-2 profiles/levels, excluding scalability extensions
- Full-resolution, full-quality decoding/playback (high precision arithmetic, IEEE 1180-1190 compliant IDCT, half-pel motion compensation)
- Optimized for the most efficient CPU usage - takes advantage of MMX™, SSE™, SSE2™, and 3DNow® extensions when available
- Special control interface - programmatic control of decoding quality and frame capture interface
- Software deinterlacing
- ATSC Streams Decoding - supports 18 ATSC formats
- High definition video decoding
- Optional double precision IDCT
- High performance - supports real-time high resolution video decoding (720x480 @ 30fps for NTSC, 720x576 @ 25fps for PAL and bit rate up to 15 Mbps) on Pentium II 500 MHz with a DirectX compatible video card that supports YUV overlay. Software only decoder for HD 1920x1080i on AMD64 3000+ 1,8 Ghz, Intel P4 3Ghz single CPU.
- Optimized for Hyper-Threading Technology, dual core and SMP systems
- DXVA hardware acceleration support
- Visual quality improving (HQ Upsample)
- Closed Captions decoding